Monday, August 2, 2010

Just the Four of Us

Our summer has been packed. I've been trying to make a list of all the memories we've made at home and on the road and I know I'm forgetting stuff. We've tried to enjoy our last summer with Girly Girl before she goes off to kindergarten - just letting her have no cares in the world before reality sets in. Well as much as it can in the life of a five year old. Our big trip was to Disney World. Actually, we went to Orlando for the Southern Baptist Convention, which we all really enjoyed but the kids will tell you we went to Disney. Somehow, four kids 6 and under at Disney in June never seemed to go well in my mind, so we only took the older two. Ages 6 and 4. Tall enough to ride most everything. We went knowing we did not  intend to spend our life savings (take your own food in and save a bundle), so we narrowed it down to the 'must-dos' and had a blast even in the afternoon thunderstorms both days we were in the park. They absolutely loved it. Watching the excitement and thrill in their eyes as they saw princesses, rides and characters from their favorite shows was completely worth the heat, tired feet and dollars spent.

This trip will always be etched in my mind because we only had two children with us. It was a tad boring with only two, relatively independent children. That's compared to our normal four, not so independent moments. I was reminded how much I don't know what's best for me. Only the Lord does and He knew that two kids was not best. Having four kids is shaping us into more of who God designed us to be. I'm not sure what that will exactly look like 20 years from now, but I am glad it won't look at tad boring.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...