Sunday, August 15, 2010

Maybe It is Just for the Moms

I am willing to consider and maybe admit it...............there is an ever so slightly, almost barely a possibility that one year old birthday parties are just for the mom. At least that's what my husband would argue. We have now hosted four of said 'one year old birthday parties' in our home with friends and family for each of our four Cs. They took a decent amount of effort and lasted just long enough for all to enjoy the food, cake and presents. I won't go into all of the details of the discussion, but it wasn't just for me. I would like to think. I want the kids to have memories - or pictures of memories. It is such a milestone and a special day. I want them to know that we celebrated their first year. I could go on, but it is a discussion I have decided not to pursue since we are past all of our one year old parties.

I'm glad we did it! Our last one was for String Bean a couple of months ago and she had a wonderful time. I have the pictures to prove it. She ate her sugar and dairy free muffin after being stared down and sung to and then opened her presents and played with her two little friends, Mr. D and Miss G. Great memories - even if it was just for me!




1 comment:

  1. Love the birthday outfit and that 1st b-day is vital! :) ~K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...