Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Easier With Practice?

In my mind, everything should be easier with the fourth kid. I've done it three times. I have this down. Really, why should the fourth one do it any differently than the previous three? In this particular case, I was not a willing participant. I did not want to do this. I should have, but just didn't want to take the time to do it.

Today is day 3 of being home with all four for the purpose of potty training the youngest. She turned two a couple of weeks ago and is most likely ready. Three different people took her to the restroom without any instruction from me last week during VBS. Evidently, she was giving all the 'I'm ready' cues. She has yet to do anything but sit on the potty. Nothing. Every 20 minutes or so. Nothing.

The other three either trained themselves or made it so easy for me that I can hardly remember it. I am sure this will be a lesson in my determination and patience - not hers. Practice certainly hasn't made it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...