Friday, January 1, 2010




It's the middle of the night and here I sit at the computer. I have four small children sleeping upstairs and they will rise much earlier than what I call a reasonable hour. This new year will no doubt be an exhausting one - starting now. It seems that my days can get away from me. On some I am not even sure what day it is. One thing I do know is that most of this past year and decade for that matter has been a blur of activity. Some great, some good and some not so hot. The Lord has been so good to me and the people I love. He has seen us through what I hope were our darkest days of ministry and family life. He has blessed us beyond measure with four amazing kids, extended family, and loving friends. He has taught me about myself, Himself and molded me continually.

Each year at Parker Christmas, every person gets a plain ornament for the tree and writes all over it things about the past year that are memorable to them with the year and their name. The tree is filled with past years' ornaments and the memories are spectacular. New baby, new house, finished 'read through the Bible' early, sent first baby to kindergarten, New Orleans mission trip and 10 year anniversary are some of the things I put on my ornament this year. I am looking forward to 2010 and what I will put on my next ornament. I have no doubt it will move at a fast and furious pace, but I am excited to write on that next ornament just a fraction of the things the Lord will have done in and through me.

Thank you Lord for 2009 and the path You have ordained for me in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...