Friday, November 6, 2009

Anticipation is Building for All Eleven

My list is very long. There are so many things to be done. Clean house. Go to football game. Take family pictures. Fold clothes. Many many things, but much of my list is preparation for what promises to be a wonderful week. My college roommates and their children are coming to visit. This is quite an undertaking. We try to get together as often as we can - at least once a year. This year, I am hosting what is sure to be a rowdy event. There are three of us roommates and once we started adding kids to our families we just kept going. Our first picture I remember taking only had six kids. This week, we will have 11 little people that range in age from 2 months to 6 years. We will make an attempt at catching this group on film again. Hopefully we can avoid complete meltdowns.

When we are not taking pictures or attempting to feed 11 little mouths, we will have time to catch up and visit about any and everything - being moms, wives, our husbands' jobs, what we like to cook, difficulties we have, everything is fair game. I love these two women. They have been a significant part of my life. I have known Amanda since she was born, Jeannie since A&M. Over the years we have been in each others weddings, walked through struggles together, prayed tirelessly for each other and made so many good memories. I am thankful for the time we had together at A&M - for the support we had in each other as we studied, transitioned to adulthood, found spouses, served in ministry and grew as women. Though miles separate us now, these are still two of the people I call first when I need prayers, find out I am pregnant, need to vent, have good news or just want to talk. I know God ordained our steps to come together as roommates at Texas A&M and trust He will continue to bless me through them.

Love you girls!


January 2006 - only 6 kids



February 2009 - three of these are 18 months old, need I say more


November 2009 - coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...