Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 15 and Unfortunately Still Counting

Maintenance medications are a year round, normal thing at our house. Asthma times 2, excema times 2, reflux and any number of environmentally triggered allergies equal regular visits to the pharmacy and a drawer full of syringes. Thankfully everyone around here takes their meds well and as of late have been quite well. We made it through six weeks of school without missing a day due to illness! Fifteen days ago, I pulled out the albuterol for Toads and Samoosa. It went downhill from there. Today, I filled four tamiflu prescriptions and the only reason it wasn't six is because Samoosa and Girly Girl are too far gone for it to do them any good at this point. Do the math and you get four kids with the flu and one very busy Daddy sidelined with this yucky virus.

This is one of those times when it is hard to be wife, mommy, writer, cook, chauffeur, and much, much more with a happy heart and smile on my face. Thankfully, I have good sick kids - they don't whine all the time, they don't all need me at the same time, they take meds well - or this would be much harder. Thankfully, I am not sustained my by own strength. Thankfully, I don't live with large amounts of stress and heartache. Thankfully, I have a God who is in control of even this virus. Don't get me wrong. This is not fun. I have kids falling asleep in the playroom, needing lots of diapers changed, sweating in their sheets as they break fevers. They are sick little guys and I have accomplished nothing on my list of things to do that does not pertain to them in the past several days. There are times of frustration, but there are many more moments of rocking and holding those four little people. I choose not to let the frustrating moments be my only memories of these fifteen plus who knows how many more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...