Wednesday, September 9, 2009

News to the 5 Year Old

Background info: Toads chose to walk by himself and did not stay with me when we left church tonight. After staying on the sidewalk for quite some time, he went to cross the parking lot by himself.....

Conversation between me and Toads after the drama unfolded:

Me: Toads, you almost got run over by that car. You need to make good choices and stay with me. That bad choice could have killed you.

Toads: Can cars kill you?

Trying not to look astonished that he did not know this, I replied...

Me: Of course, they are so big and you are so small, you could have been hurt very badly or killed. Daddy would have had to do your funeral tomorrow.

Toads: Would I have been bleeding right there?

And it just went on from there.

I feel sure we covered the 'danger' aspect of cars when we taught 'look both ways', etc but somehow it just did not sink in. I will have to work a little harder on this one with the little girls!

Note: The driver was never close enough to hit him and was taking extreme precaution. He saw him coming long before he entered the path of the car. Thank you to our church friends who are so aware of all the little people in the parking lots.

2 comments:

  1. Start working on him and the girls - that vehicles can kill when you are driving them also. Not sure when my three kids discovered all of those possibilities.

    pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Ralph and Garrett when they were little...haha...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...