Thursday, December 18, 2008

Getting His Feet Wet

I am so thankful for the opportunity afforded to Colton this morning. As I remember back to my college days, I was quite fearful to pray aloud. I stressed out about what other people were thinking. I have since gotten over that fear with some pushing from the Holy Spirit and a few 'job requirements' over the years. I often pray that my kids will not be shy and fearful as they learn to pray in front of people. Colton got his feet wet this morning in this department. He was asked to say the closing prayer at his preschool's Christmas program. We knew ahead of time about this opportunity and we practiced with him and gave him the 'speak loud and clear' speech. He practiced once on the microphone and then did a great job closing the program. He never acted nervous or anything. I am a proud mommy and grateful for the lessons my children are able to learn at this young age.

A side note about Campbell..........she was also in the program and had a memory verse to share with the audience in the microphone. "God is love" were the loudest three words spoken this morning! She was so excited to tell me later that 'everyone clapped after she said her verse.' They did. There was no missing the Lino kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...